The Top 10 Misconceptions about Translators and Translation:
10. Paying promptly for the services of a plumber, lawyer,or doctor is a must. However, the translator doesn't mind waiting indefinitely for payment.
9. Anybody with two years of high school language (or a foreign-tongued grandmother) can translate.
8. A good translator doesn't need a dictionary.
7. There's no difference between translation and interpretation.
6. Translators don't mind working nights and weekends at no extra charge.
5. Translators don't need to understand what they're translating.
4. A good translator doesn't need editing or proofing.
3. Translation is just typing in a foreign language.
2. A translator costs $49.95 at Radio Shack and runs on two AA batteries.And the top and most wide-spread misconception about translation and translators is:
1. The document that took a team of 20 people two months to put together can be translated overnight by one person andstill retain the same impact as the original.